Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why I retired to Arkansas

I was born, raised, worked, married & had my children in Illinois.
I retired to Arkansas (Hot Springs Village ASAP).
At least the mob gives you something for your money.
The Illinois Tax Man does not.
The list, with Illinois leading the pack, comes from website TopRetirements.com. According to John Brady, president of TopRetirements.com, the 10 states earn this dubious distinction largely because of three factors: fiscal health, taxation, climate.
People of Illinois, California, New York, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Ohio, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Nevada — you probably already know the answer.  soure: by Robert Powell, MarketWatch  Sunday, December 19, 2010 

I like our weather (4 seasons - short winter) lakes, golf courses, rivers, woods & mountains to name but a few. (posted by a friend of H.R.'s)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My wife and I own two homes in the village and we plan to retire there soon. Hope it is as great as you say it is. I am a golf addict and this was the best deal we could find.