Monday, January 25, 2010

Church


Hot Springs Village has some of the coolest churches (in my opinion). It's got everything for everybody if you just look. I've been a United Methodist most of my life until I switched to Congregational Methodist some years ago.
I was less than happy with the way the U.M.C. handled it's resources (money) and the voting structure that favored Bishops and District Directors over the members (laity).
I attended a small country church near my farm where it was not uncommon for a farmer to jump off his tractor during planting or harvest season and hurry over for services.
It's different here.
I took a few pictures yesterday, January 24, 2010 and put the video on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAKrK0irtps
Of course I can do a better one when I have the time as I put this one together in about 20 minutes. The picture I've used here is a peaceful place of prayer and meditation. After all, isn't that what gets me closer to God's will for me?
Most other churches want to show their building - I don't. A building is not God but mankind is a vessel for His glory.
Take care and God Bless! H. R. Goodman, Jr.

No comments: